A date field has a pop-up calendar for people to select a date from.
- Go to the form page that you wish to edit.
- Select Edit > Edit formsbuilder page or select the Edit this form link at the bottom of the form. A list of edit options appears at the left-hand side of the form.
Under the Add a text box section, select date field with calendar.
The Add/Edit a date field screen appears:
- Enter a Field name to be used in submission results. You will see this field is starred in red. This means this is a compulsory field and you will not be able to save the field until this is added. If the field name is self-explanatory, this can double as the label.
- Enter a Label for the text box visible to the user. Here you can provide detailed instructions for the user. If you leave the Label blank, the Field name is used.
- Enter the Width of the field in pixels.
- Add any Prefilled text.
- If you require the label/instruction above the date field, select the Label on top checkbox. Labels display at the left of fields by default.
- Select the appropriate checkbox if you want the field Only visible to editors.
- If you want this date field to be mandatory – i.e. the person must add a date before submitting the form – select the Required checkbox.
Select the Save button. You should now see the date field on your form, along with edit buttons to the left of the field:
Move field up
Move field down
- When you have finished editing your form, select the Done button at the top right.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem