You can attach documents to forms such as Word documents, PDF files, PowerPoint slides or Excel spreadsheets.
- Browse to the form you wish to edit.
- Select Edit > Edit formsbuilder page or select the Edit this form link at the bottom of the page.
Select the file attachment field link in the form options at the left-hand side:
The Add/Edit a file attachment link screen appears. Type in a Field name such as file attachment or a more specific name. This field is used in the form submissions and is not shown to visitors on the published form.
- Type instructions for the visitor in the Label field e.g. Please attach your supporting documentation.
- Specify the maximum number of attachments that can be sent with the form. The default is four but you can specify more or less.
- If you wish to restrict the file types you receive with submissions, type the extensions in the Accept file types box separated by a comma and space e.g. doc, docx, pdf, txt. All file types are accepted by default – if you leave this field blank, the visitor can upload any file type.
- Specify where the Label appears using the Label on top checkbox.
- To make a file attachment mandatory, select the Required checkbox. When selected, if the visitor attempts to submit the form without a file attachment they are unable to and the file attachment field is highlighted.
- To hide this field from the published form, select the checkbox Only visible to editors. Editors can still see the field in form submissions.
- It may be useful to identify submitted documents by particular values. Use the Prefix file name with checkboxes to automatically prefix submitted files' names with any of the following: University ID number; Username; Department (the department's short title is used if known, otherwise the department code); Date.
- To prefix submitted files' names with custom text type the text in the This text box.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Done button at the top right of the page to view the published form. You should now see the Attach file button in the form.
Receive file attachments with submission notifications
To receive the files attached to the submission notification emails, you need to specify this in the form properties.
- Browse to the form.
- Go to Edit > Edit formsbuilder page.
- Select Form Properties from the options at the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to the section headed How should we tell you about completed forms?
Select the checkbox Include files attached to the form:
- Select the Publish button at the top right.
- Select the Done button at the top right to view published form.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem