The user is presented with a series of options but is only able to select one button from the available options. These work well for a simple choice question.
- Go to the form page you wish to edit.
- Select Edit > Edit formsbuilder page or Edit this form from the bottom of the form. A list of edit options will appear on the left hand side of the form.
- Select the third option under the Allow the user to make a choice section - a set of option buttons.
The Add/Edit a set of option buttons edit screen will appear:
- Enter a Field name to be used in submission results. You will see this field is starred in red. This means this is a compulsory field and you will not be able to save the field until this is added. If the field name is self-explanatory, this can double as the label.
- Enter a Label for the text box visible to the user. Here you can provide detailed instructions for the user. If you leave the Label blank, then the Field name will be used.
- Type the first option in the Options field.
- Select Add a new item to enter the next option. Continue to Add new item for each new item.
- Include a pre-selected option in the Selected option button field. If nothing added, none will be selected.
- If you wish the Label/instructions box to be on top, tick this box. The default is that the label/instructions goes to the side.
- Specify if the User must tick one option.
- Select the Save button.
You will see that your new item has appeared on the form, along with a set of edit tool icons just to the left of the item to enable you to perform the actions.
The cross allows for deleting an item, the up and down arrow keys will allow you to move each item up and down one field at a time, and the last icon allows you to edit the item directly without having to go back into the form editing section.
If you want to view the form, rather than add further elements, select the Done button at the top right of the form to view the published view.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem