In line with the latest data protection legislation, it is necessary for the University to be more open about the information it collects about people and how that information is used. Ideally, the privacy statement should advise people submitting the form:
- What information you are collecting about them
- Why you are collecting the information (or what you intend to do with it)
- How long you will keep the data
When you first create a new form, you can see an auto-generated privacy statement is added to the bottom of the form, which looks like this:
This form is anonymous. No data which personally identifies you is collected on the form, and the data you provide is used solely to help us improve the delivery of our courses.
It's not possible to remove the privacy statement or change its position within the form, but you can edit the text to suit your form's purpose.
To edit the privacy statement:
- Browse to the form you wish to edit.
- Select Edit > Edit formsbuilder page or the Edit this form link at the bottom of the page.
Select the edit icon alongside the privacy statement:
The Edit your privacy statement screen appears:
- You can use or adapt sample statements. To do so, choose one from the Sample statements drop-down menu.
- In the Your statement box, edit the text so that it accurately reflects your department's position. Ideally, your statement should say something about what the data you're collecting is used for, how long you expect to retain the data for and who has access to it.
- When you have finished editing the statement, select the Save button.
Related FAQs and links
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem