Use the calendar page template to show events on your website. Similar to news pages, you can:
- Embed an events feed in another page, say your home page, which automatically updates when you publish or edit events.
- Tag events with keywords, say ‘Conferences’ or ‘Postgraduate’, to enable visitors to filter busy calendars according to their own interests.
- Filter event feeds by tag. This is useful for feeding a subset of events to other pages in your website, such as research events or announcements for current students.
- Go to the page under which you want to create the calendar.
- Go to Edit > Create a new page. (You need edit or admin permissions on the parent page.)
- Select Change page template to expand the options, then select the Calendar page template.
- Specify how the calendar appears by default when someone visits the page by choosing an option from the Default view drop-down menu. E.g. next four days, week or agenda.
- Choose the appropriate week length from the drop-down menu: weekdays only; seven days of equal column width; or five weekdays plus two weekend days of reduced width.
- Specify whether to display time in 24-hour format.
- If you want to show term week numbers, choose an option from the Term week number display drop-down menu.
- Specify where the tags list displays using the Tag list position drop-down menu – at the top of the page or to the right of the news items.
- Enter the rest of the page properties: URL, Page heading, Title bar caption and Link caption. (For guidance on these properties, see: how do I create a new blank page?)
- Select the Create new page button.
- Select the Done button and visit the published page.
Note: When you create a calendar, it spans the right-hand side automatically. If you want to put your own content in the right-hand side, go to Edit > Edit page properties > Additional options and unselect the Span right-hand side checkbox.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem