Use the calendar page template as the central place on your website to publish events. You can then embed a ‘feed’ of upcoming events in any other page e.g. your home page. When you publish a new event in the calendar, the events list updates automatically.
You can also embed a feed of upcoming events which are tagged with specific keywords – say, ‘Research seminars’. Some departments do this on their ‘Research’ landing page.
Here's an example events list in the second row of the Faculty of Social Sciences' home page:
- Browse to the page where you want to add the events list.
- Go to Edit > Edit centre content (or Edit right content).
- Place your cursor in the content editor where you want to add the events list.
In the toolbar, go to Insert a... > Events list. The Insert events list window appears:
- In the Page path text box, select the page picker button and browse to the location of the calendar you want to take a feed from. Alternatively, enter the relative link to the calendar.
The Show up to options specify what to display in the events list – choose one of the following options:
- Show all events within a specific number of days in the future
- Show up to a maximum number of upcoming events
- Show up to a maximum number of recent events
- Optionally, to show the end times of events, select the checkbox Also show end times on events.
- You can choose whether events in your list link to the full calendar item. To do so, select the checkbox Titles are clickable links.
- Optionally, you can filter the events list to only show events with particular tags. To do so, in the Filter by tag text box, type the tags separated by commas. For example:
When you have finished specifying the options, select the Insert button. You should now see text similar to the following in the content editor:
[sched-cal view=upcoming num=3 tags='Conferences,Research seminars']/yourdept/calendar[/sched-cal]
The attributes of the
[sched-cal]tag in the example above specify:
- show the next three upcoming events
- only show events which have any of the following tags: Conferences and Research seminars
- When you have finished editing your page, select the Publish button in the toolbar. You should see the events list in your page. When you add a new event to your main calendar in the future, the events list updates automatically.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem