You can copy a single page or a whole section of your website i.e the current page and its sub-pages. Any files uploaded to the page's Files tab are included in the copy.
- Browse to the page or section you wish to copy.
- Select Edit > More.
On the Current page tab, select Copy pages:
You can now see the Copy page screen:
In the New location box, enter the URL of the target parent page you want to copy the current page to. Omit the
https://www2.warwick.ac.ukpart. E.g. to copy the current page and place it beneath the IT Services home page:
…enter the following in the New location box:
Tip: use the page picker to browse to the target page. Selecting a page in the picker inserts the correct URL in the New location box for you:
- The text in New page name box forms the last part of the copied page's URL. By default, this is the current page name appended with -copy. You can change this to any name you want but there must not already be a page with the same name beneath the target parent page. Type the name you want in the New page name box.
- In the New link caption box, type in the label to show in the navigation menu. By default, this is the current page's link caption prepended with Copy of. You can change this to any label you want but there must not be a page with the same link caption beneath the target parent page.
- Choose whether to display the copied page in the navigation menu or not using the checkbox Show new page in local navigation.
Choose which pages to copy from the Pages to copy drop-down menu:
- Current page only
- Current page and all sub-pages
- Current page and all sub-pages in the same site
- If the current page allows comments, choose whether or not to copy them by selecting the Also copy comments checkbox.
Choose how search engines index the copied page by selecting an option from the Allow search engines drop-down menu:
Important: this setting applies to all pages and files you're copying. If you chose Current page and all sub-pages or Current page and all sub-pages in the same site in step 8, be sure you're aware of what the section contains before choosing to show or hide the copied pages in search.
- Keep current settings
- Hide copied pages in search
- Show copied pages in search
Choose the permissions for the copied page by selecting an option from the Permissions drop-down menu – note that your choice applies to all the pages and files you're copying:
- Keep current settings
- Remove view permissions from copied pages
- Once you have finished setting the options, select the Copy page button.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem