The page description property should describe the content of your page in a maximum of 160 characters. This property may be used by search engines when indexing your page. Although it's not a Google ranking factor, a clear, compelling description can encourage people to click through from search results.
Note that search engines:
- embolden keywords in the description that match the user's search query, so try to include important keywords in your description
- do not always show your description – instead, they show a snippet from your page content
- show a snippet from your page content when the description property is empty
To add or edit the page description:
- Go to Edit > Edit page properties.
Under the Change page properties section, enter or edit the description in the Description text box:
- Select the Save changes button.
The description is now added to your page's meta description tag – for example:
<meta name="description" content="Booking form for students and staff to schedule screenings in the School of Architecture's AV room, Humanities Building.">
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem