In SiteBuilder, the settings you specify in Page properties determine what the page is called, where the page is stored, how the information is displayed and how the page is indexed by search engines. You can also use page properties to change the page template.
View or edit page properties
- Browse to the page where you want to view or edit the page properties.
Go to Edit > Edit page properties. You should see a list of properties similar to the following:
- You can edit the values for Page heading, Title bar caption and Link caption.
- The Page heading is displayed at the top left of the page and beneath the navigation menu. The page heading should be a useful indication of what the page is about. This way a user will know what to expect to find within the page and whether it is relevant to them. The page heading can be lengthy as it spans the central and right-hand columns. It is also displayed in Warwick Search results.
The Title bar caption is displayed in the web browser window/tab, and is indexed by external search engines like Google. The title should be meaningful in search results. We recommend you append - University of Warwick to your Title bar caption (though Google will sometimes add this if it's missing). Try to make your Title bar caption less than 60 characters (including - University of Warwick where you can) and put keywords at the start. For example:
English and Italian Literature - University of Warwick
…is a better Title bar caption than:
University of Warwick - Department of Italian - English and Italian Literature
- The Link caption is displayed in the navigation menu.
Further down you can set the Page contact. This is displayed in your page's footer:
- On the right you'll see the options to Change page template & options (click the arrow to expand the box and view all the templates). See what are templates for guidance on what each page template is for.
Further down are Advanced properties (click the arrow icon to expand the box and view all the properties). Each property has a help icon; click these for further information.
- Once you've finished editing the page properties select the Save changes button at the bottom of the page.