Every web page in SiteBuilder has a contact in the footer. It enables visitors to get in touch with you about your page without exposing your email address. Click the page contact to open a new message pop-up and send an email. The contact can be a named person or a resource account – for example, the contact for this page is webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk.
In this article:
See separate guidance on how to replace a page contact site-wide – for example, when a staff member leaves or joins Warwick, or when a team name and resource account change.
- Navigate to the page where you want you to change the contact.
- Go to Edit > Edit page properties.
- In the Change page properties section, scroll down to Page contact.
To add another person as the page contact, select Specific user and start typing their name in the text box to see matches. Alternatively, you can enter their usercode. Click their name to select them:
To add a resource account, select Specific user, then type the name and email address in the text box using the following format:
Full name <email@example.com>
For example, this page's contact is:
ITS Web Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Select the Save changes button at the bottom of the page.
- Check the footer of the published page to ensure that the page contact is accurate.
Note: You can change the contact for multiple pages at the same level in your site structure via the SiteBuilder editor. However, the change does not cascade below the selected pages. If you need to update a section or whole website to the same page contact, please send a request to webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Also, see separate guidance on how to replace a page contact site-wide – for example, when a staff member leaves or joins Warwick, or when a team name and resource account changes.
- Go to the parent page immediately above those pages you wish to change the page contact for.
- Go to Edit > More > Sub-pages tab.
- Hold down Ctrl/Cmd and click the relevant rows to select them.
Select the Properties button:
In the Change this? column, select the checkbox for Page contact:
- Follow the instructions above to change the page contact to yourself, another person or a resource account.
- Select the Change page properties button.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem