In SiteBuilder, the settings you specify in Page properties determine:
- what the page is called
- whether the page is displayed in local navigation or not
- whether the page can be indexed by search engines or not
- the active page template and its respective options
- the page contact
View or edit page properties
- Browse to the page you wish to edit.
Go to Edit > Edit page properties. You can see properties similar to the following:
Enter the Page heading – this displays at the top left of the web page (beneath the navigation menu) and in Warwick Search results. Use a descriptive page heading so that a visitor can quickly determine what they can expect to find on the page and whether it's relevant to them. For example:
English and Italian Literature reading group
…is a better page heading than:
Enter the title bar caption – this displays in the visitor's web browser window/tab and is indexed by external search engines e.g. Google. Try to keep your title bar caption less than 60 characters.
- Enter the link caption – this displays in the local navigation menu.
Specify the page contact – this displays in the page's footer:
- At the right of the Editing page properties screen, you can see Change page template & options. Click the arrow to expand the options and view all available templates.
Expand the Advanced properties section by clicking the arrow. Each property has a help icon; click these for further information.
- Once you've finished editing the page properties, select the Save changes button at the bottom of the page.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem