The quiz properties determine how the quiz works and the general settings for the quiz.
- Go to your quiz.
- Select Edit > Edit quizbuilder page or select the Edit this quiz link at the bottom of the page.
Under Modify the quiz at the left-hand side, select Quiz Properties. The Edit your quiz properties page appears:
- Specify how the quiz should work by (un)selecting the following checkboxes under the How should this quiz work? section:
- Signed in users can submit just one copy of this quiz – when unselected, an individual can submit the quiz repeatedly.
- This quiz is currently closed – select this when you don't want anyone to attempt the quiz at the moment.
- Do not save user's answers – select this for informal quizzes where you don't intend to review or analyse the participants' submissions.
- Randomise the order of the questions – this option can be useful if you expect many people to try your quiz, and you want to minimise easy collusion where one person tells another “the answer to question one is …” etc.
- Randomise the order of the choices within questions – this option can be useful as a way to avoid those taking the quiz from circulating information such as “the correct answer to question one is the first choice.”
- User must answer all questions before feedback is displayed – when unselected, feedback on answers displays after participants submit the quiz.
- Show only the following number of the n questions randomly – choosing a random subset of questions means that no two people see exactly the same quiz, making collusion more difficult. Of course, you need a reasonably large set of questions in your quiz before a random subset becomes effective.
- Go to this URL after quiz is completed – use this option to direct participants to a particular web page.
- Select which kind of feedback you want to give to those who take your quiz:
- Give the user feedback – show them which questions they answered correctly and incorrectly, and provide information about each question.
- Show the user's score – if you select this option, the participant won't see which questions they answered correctly, nor feedback for each question, but they receive their overall score (e.g. 16/20).
- None – in some cases, you may wish to wait until everyone has taken your quiz, then reveal scores later. This is useful when you want to tell participants their scores simultaneously.
- In the Show the following message box, type a message to show your participants when they submit the quiz.
- When you have finished editing the quiz options, select the Publish button at the top right of the page.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem