Use booking rules to regulate resource use by adding constraints such as a maximum booking length, minimum booking notice or maximum number of bookings per person. Once you've created a rule, you can apply it to specific groups only, such as all staff or members of a webgroup.
- Go to your bookings page.
Select Manage resources > Settings:
Select the Add a booking rule button at the bottom right of the screen:
First, select one of the following options from the Rule type drop-down menu:
- Maximum booking length – the longest period of time that a person can book a resource for. When using this rule, pay attention to the slot length (defined in the bookings page settings). If the slot length is greater than the maximum booking length, those subject to the booking rule cannot make any bookings at all.
- Maximum daily booking time – the maximum amount of time per day an individual can book a resource for.
- Maximum booking notice – resources cannot be booked in advance of this notice period.
- Minimum booking notice – resources can only be booked in advance of this notice period.
- Maximum bookings per person – the total number of bookings permitted to an individual, including previous bookings. Deleted bookings don't count against the total.
- Maximum simultaneous bookings at any time – the total number of bookings permitted to an individual for the same time slot across all resources.
- Choose the appropriate limit from the Restrict to drop-down menus. (These options change depending on the Rule type you chose in the previous step.)
Select the group of people this rule applies to: all staff and students; staff and postgraduate research students; all students; or a webgroup.
- Select the Add booking rule button to save the rule.
To edit or delete the rule, return to Manage resources > Settings. You can see your saved rules in the Booking rules section:
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem