This page covers how to control the duration for which a resource can be booked. There are several ways to do this:
- Define the slot length, the default minimum duration of a booking
- Define the slot frequency, which controls the increments in time when you can book a resource
- Allow extended bookings i.e. allow visitors to choose their own start and end times by multiples of the slot frequency
- Allow recurring bookings
- Allow bookings to span multiple days
Note: modifying the bookings settings affects all resources on the bookings page.
- Go to your resource bookings page.
Select Manage resources > Settings:
Scroll down to the Bookings section:
- Choose a duration from the Slot length drop-down menu: ten minutes; 15 minutes; half hour; or one hour. This defines the default minimum duration of a booking and applies to all resources on this bookings page.
- Choose an option from the Slot frequency drop-down menu: ten minutes; 15 minutes; half hour; or one hour. This defines the intervals of bookings' start times. For example, a frequency of ten minutes enables visitors to book a resource starting at 9:00, 9:10, 9:20 and so on.
- Use the Allow extended bookings checkbox to specify whether or not visitors can choose their booking's start and end time. If not selected, visitors are restricted to the Slot length for a single booking.
- Choose whether or not people can make a repeat booking with the Allow recurring bookings checkbox.
- Choose whether or not people can book a resource for a period more than 24 hours using the Bookings can span multiple days checkbox.
- Use the Send confirmation email to the booker checkbox to control whether or not the booker receives an email notification when they book a resource.
- Specify whether or not people can make or extend bookings beyond the times visible on the resource bookings page by selecting either For visible hours only or For any time of the day.
- When you have finished updating the Bookings settings, select the Save changes button.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem