For each resource, you can specify whether or not a booking requires approval before the booking is confirmed. This can be useful when, for example, those using a resource need supervision or you wish to reserve use of a room for certain meetings. There are three stages:
- Go to your bookings page.
Select Manage resources > Settings:
In the Resources section, select the edit button for the resource you wish to edit:
In the Edit resource pop-up, select the Bookings must be approved radio button:
- Select the Edit resource button at the bottom of the pop-up.
- Select the Save changes button.
When someone makes a booking, they receive an email explaining that the booking is not yet approved. The booking page shows Awaiting confirmation:
Tip: turn on notifications to receive an email when someone books a resource that requires approval.
Note: to approve bookings, you must have edit or admin permissions for the resource bookings page.
- Go to the bookings page.
Click the Awaiting confirmation link for the booking you wish to review:
- Choose either Approve this booking or Decline this booking.
- Optionally, enter a message to the booker (for example, with a reason for declining the booking).
- Select the Approve/decline booking button. The booker receives another email informing them of your decision.
Go to your bookings page.
Select Manage resources > Approve multiple bookings:
Select the Approved checkboxes:
- Select the Approve bookings button.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem