What are journal articles?
The Library provides access to a range of academic journals in the fields of business and economics, including Harvard Business Review, Journal of Marketing and Econometrica. These contain scholarly articles that introduce new research findings. Articles in these journals have typically been through a peer-review process that ensures they can be considered as part of a reliable body of knowledge.
In addition to academic journals, the Library also provides access to articles from a variety of trade and industry publications which offer the practitioner's viewpoint, the latest national and international newspapers, and magazines such as The Economist and Business Week.
You can search for specific journals, magazines and newspapers by title on Library Search.
- The articles search on Library Search can be used to cross-search collections of e-journals subscribed to by the Library, including ABI/Inform Global, Business Source Complete, EconLit and Science Direct. Alternatively you can access each of these databases directly for increased search functionality
- For advice on searching for journal articles see developing a search strategy
Resources What resources can I use?
- ABI/Inform Global - provides full-text articles from peer-reviewed journals and trade publications. Includes The Economist
- Business Source Complete - full-text access to business and management journals, plus company and country reports
- Econlit- Citations and abstracts to articles from over 500 economics journals and articles from books and dissertations
- Emerald - business, management and economics journals and e-books collection
- Factiva - Global news databases
- Science Direct- full-text access to journals and books covering the life, physical, technical, medical and social sciences
- Scopus – abstract database covering scientific, technical, medical and social sciences fields
- Web of Science - an interdisciplinary index that provides bibliographic citations for journals
Searching ProQuest (ABI/Inform Global):
Searching for specific articles in Factiva: