What is market research?
The kind of market research available through the Library's resources can be divided into two types:
- Market research reports provide analysis of industries or companies. These typically contain information on market size and segmentation, consumer behaviour, key competitors and market forecasts, as well as SWOT analyses
- Statistical data that can be used to analyse the business environment across a number of industries and regions. The data available includes economic indicators, demographic data, production figures and consumer expenditure
The range of resources listed below provide all of this information for a variety of industries around the world.
What resources can I use?
- Factiva - financial data and company snapshots
- GlobalData Power - companies in the power and renewable energy sector
- Marketline Advantage - specialises in information for the automotive, energy, healthcare, technology and logistics industries
- Mintel Oxygen - focus on consumer industries, including retail, consumer goods, leisure and, travel and tourism
- Passport - focus on consumer industries, including retail, consumer goods, leisure and, travel and tourism