This information details where height adjustable tables are located, heights of other tables and other relevant information.
Manual height adjustable tables
(with a pull-out winding handle)
- individual accessible study rooms 114, 214, 309, 405 and 505
- Silent Study Area 1 (laptops allowed) on Floor 2 extension. Go over the Library bridge and turn right
- Silent Study Area 2 on Floor 2 extension. (no laptops allowed). Go over the Library bridge and turn left
- 3 height adjustable desks in the Assistive Technology area on Floor 1. On the right hand side as you enter the area
- several on Floor 1 and 2 in the soft seating areas
Height adjustable table in the silent study area.
Assistive technology height adjustable table.
Gas riser adjustable tables
Floor 1 and 2 in soft seating areas.
Small height adjustable table in the soft study area
A height adjustable table on floor 1 - close up
A large height adjustable table on floor 1
Library catalogue computers
A number of library catalogue computers positioned around the Library are on height adjustable tables.
A Library catalogue computer
on a height adjustable table - close up
A Library catalogue computer on a height
We have a number of study tables on Floors 1 and 2 that can be adjusted and fixed permanently to a different height – please let us know this would be helpful. If you require a height adjustable table on a regular basis, in a particular part of the Library, then please let a member of the Library staff know and we will do our best to find space.
- Desks on Floor 1 are generally set with a knee clearance of 69 cm
- Desks on Floor 2 have a clearance of between 66 and 68 cm
- Desks on Floor 2 extension have a clearance of between 66 and 67 cm
- Desks on Floor 3 have a clearance of 70 cm (those next to the windows) and between 66 and 69 in other areas
- Desks on Floor 3 extension have a clearance of 66cm but those newer desks next to the Wolfson exchange have a clearance of 69 cm
- Desks on Floor 4 have a clearance of 71 – 72 cm
- Desks on Floor 5 have a clearance of between 64 and 66 cm
- Some desks, across the building, have limited width in that they have legs or partitions either side
We offer a choice of types of chair around the Library including many height and tilt adjustable chairs. In addition we have fixed height chairs and on Floors 1 & 2 we have casual soft seating areas.
Please ask a member of staff if you require any assistance whilst using the Library.
Please feedback any comments you have about our existing service for students with disabilities or learning differences. We are always interested to hear about equipment, software or services that may assist you with accessing the Library and its resources.