Suppliers have given walk-in users permission to access the following databases, subject to their terms & conditions & subject to copyright law. They can only be accessed in person from the single PC reserved for this purpose on Floor 1 of the University Library.
Please note the conditions of use below.
- There is no general internet access, email or word processing
- No printing or download is available
- Neither CD roms or DVD's may be played on the Walk-In User computer
- Activity on the PC may be monitored by the University as permitted by UK legislation
- Helpdesk staff are unable to offer in-depth support to external customers. Priority is given to providing services for University of Warwick staff and students
For more information contact the Resources' Officer chloe dot smith at warwick dot ac dot uk or telephone 02476 524799.
Financial information and company reports for European companies.
- BMJ Journals
We currently subscribe to 32 of the BMJ titles
- Early English Books Online
Digital reproductions of works in English from 1473-1700
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online
Digital reproductions of 150,000 books published during the 18th Century
Financial information and company reports for UK companies
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers - 18th, 19th and 20th Century
Full text of papers from 18th to 20th century
- Humanities E-book (ACLS)
Fully searchable collection of high-quality history books
- Institution of Civil Engineers Virtual Library
One of the largest repositories of full text civil engineering papers in the world. From here you can search the archive from 1836 to 2001
Back issues of hundreds of E-journals
- LION: Literature Online
Details of works of English and American poetry, drama and prose, plus other related materials, many full text
- Nineteenth Century British Library Newspapers
Full runs of 48 influential national and regional newspapers representing different political and cultural segments of the 19th century British society
- Nineteenth Century UK Periodicals
Covers the period 1800 to 1900 & when complete it will make available full runs of nearly 600 titles
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Over 55,000 biographies of notable British people.
- Oxford Journals Online
Full text of approximately 200 journals, covering all subjects
- Oxford Reference Online
Over 100 dictionary, language reference and subject reference works
- Oxford Scholarship Online
A searchable full text database of OUP's scholarly books. Abstracts and keywords aid searching and access to content. We hold full text titles in 3 areas:
Economics and Finance
- Project Muse
Full text articles in the humanities, arts and social sciences from 60 publishers
- Royal Society of Chemistry Archive
Full text of journal articles published between 1841 and 1996
Full text access to over 1,700 science, technology and medical journals
- Springer Link
Full text of over 1,200 titles, mainly Sciences but covering all subjects.
- Times Digital Archive 1785-1985
- Wiley Online Library
Collection of journals provided by Wiley, many full text