7-week non-accredited short course
Have you heard of Beowulf, the Staffordshire Hoard or King Alfred? This multidisciplinary course will introduce you to the literature, history and culture of the Anglo-Saxons. You will explore the rich and diverse literary heritage of the period and discover the spectacular art and archaeological artefacts that have escaped the ravages of time.
Wes þu hal!
|Starts||Friday 9 June|
|Day and time||Friday 10am - 12pm|
|Venue||University of Warwick, room to be confirmed|
|Entry requirements||There are no formal entry requirements for this course|
|Contact||Please use our contact form to send us an enquiry|
Areas of study
- Session 1: Introduction to the Anglo Saxons. The Anglo-Saxon heroic code and its importance to society
- Session 2: The Saxons and the Britons
- Session 3: The role of women in Anglo-Saxon England
- Session 4: Alfred's battle against the Vikings
- Session 5: Magic and Medicine in Old English literature
- Session 6: The Anglo-Saxons and the 'others'
- Session 7: The death of Anglo-Saxon England.
Dr Jasmine Kilburn-Small
If we have to cancel this course due to insufficient numbers, or for any other reason, then a full refund will be given. We wil endeavour to give a minimum of two weeks notice for any cancellation.