Skip to main content

News & Updates

Show selected | Select all / none
  • All
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • China
  • Current student
  • EuRusCa
  • Exchange Opportunities
  • Funding
  • Global Connections
  • Hong Kong
  • ISB
  • Immigration Advice
  • India
  • International
  • Japan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Malaysia
  • Middle East
  • New Zealand
  • Newsletter
  • North America
  • Police Registration
  • Russia
  • Scholarship
  • Societies
  • South Asia
  • SouthEastAsia
  • Summer School
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • USA
  • Volunteer
  • WMG
  • Welcome
  • Welfare Advice
  • Untagged

Scam targeting international students

It has been brought to our attention that there is a current scam which is targeting Tier 4 students. Some students may receive a telephone call from an individual who fraudulently purports to represent the Home Office.

New airline security measures on some routes travelling to the UK

Advice for students affected by new aviation security measures to introduce restrictions on some electronic items in hand luggage for affected routes.

EEA students and comprehensive sickness insurance

EEA students and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI)

ATAS email problems in China

ATAS email problems in China

Thu 09 March 2017, 16:25 | Tags: China Immigration Advice

Immigration Guide 2016 (Tier 4 students)

The new Immigration Guide for Tier 4 students starting their studies at Warwick in 2016/17 is now available online. New students will also receive a copy when they arrive at Warwick.

Mon 25 July 2016, 09:35 | Tags: All Immigration Advice

Immigration Policy Changes from 6 April 2016

More information about the Immigration Policy Changes from 6 April 2016 and how they might affect you.

Tue 17 May 2016, 16:18 | Tags: All Immigration Advice

Immigration Health Charge to Apply to Australian and New Zealand nationals

Australian and New Zealand nationals will need to pay the Immigration Health Charge for relevant UK visa applications from 6 April 2016. News article from Home Office

Thu 11 February 2016, 16:16 | Tags: New Zealand Australia Immigration Advice

Travelling to the UK for graduation

Many students at this time of year would like to know whether they can use their existing Tier 4 visa to re-enter the UK for their graduation ceremony. Please read on for clarification.

In order to enter the UK using your student visa, you must still meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules for student visas. Students whose studies have ended and who do not intend to take another course when they return to the UK will have difficulties showing that they still meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules for students. If a border force officer considers that your circumstances have changed or that you are attempting to re-enter for a purpose other than that for which your leave was granted, your immigration permission can be cancelled and you can be required to leave the UK or, if you are a non-visa national, you can be granted leave to enter as a visitor instead.

Fri 27 November 2015, 15:56 | Tags: Immigration Advice Welfare Advice Current student

Immigration update

On 13 July 2015, the UK Home Office officially announced that it will be making a number of changes to the Immigration Rules related to Tier 4 visas from July, August and November 2015. The headlines changes from the 12 November include:

  • change in Tier 4 dependents' work right;
  • increase of maintenance requirement for Tier 4 visa application from £820/month to £1015/month;
  • and the provision of 'established presence' being removed (with the exception of those making a Tier 4 application for the Doctorate Extension Scheme).

Read the full article by clicking the title of this news item.

Fri 16 October 2015, 13:09 | Tags: Immigration Advice Current student

Police Registration

Some nationalities are required to register with the police when they arrive in the UK. Your visa will normally show if you need to register with the police, or you may get a separate letter from the UKVI.

If this applies to you, usually you should register with the police within seven days of arrival. However the University of Warwick has an agreement with the police that students who arrive in September and October can see the police later than seven days.

From the end of September it will be possible for you to make an appointment to see the police on campus if you need to do this. All new international students will be notified by email in a newsletter when this service is available.

If you have a Tier 4 visa which you apply for overseas for a course lasting over six months, you will initially receive a temporary travel visa lasting 30 days. You should collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), which is the visa valid for the full duration of your course, within 10 days of arriving in the UK.

Please do not make an appointment to see the police until you have collected your BRP and until you know where you will live during your time at Warwick. If you try to register with the police using your temporary travel visa either the police will not see you or you will have to see the police a second time when you receive your BRP.

For more information about police registration click here.

Mon 07 September 2015, 12:31 | Tags: Immigration Advice Current student Police Registration

Older news

RSS feed

facebook Twitter YouTube Weibo LinkedIn Instagram