- If you are an international student (i.e., you hold a passport from outside of the UK/EEA) you will need a valid CAS number in order to make a Tier 4 visa application.
- The CAS is a virtual document, that confirms that your institition is willing to act as your educational sponsor.
- When you put your CAS number on your Tier 4 visa application form, this allows a UKVI caseworker, to access your information electronically.
- Your CAS will provide the caseworker with your personal details, details about your proposed course of study and any course related fees.
- For information on how to request a CAS please see the relevant sections below for who is responsible for assigning your CAS for new students, continuing students and following a visa refusal.
Who assigns your CAS?
Admissions will issue your CAS if...
... you are starting a new course at Warwick (after you have accepted an unconditional offer and within 3-4 months to your course start date), including if you will spend a period of 'study abroad' or 'exchange' at Warwick
... you are starting a new course at Warwick and require a 2nd CAS because you received a visa refusal.
... you are taking the 10-week or 6-week Pre-sessional English language course
Immigration Service will issue your CAS if...
... you started your course more than 6 months ago
... you started your course less than 6 months ago but need a CAS because you are switching to Tier 4 from a different visa category
... you started your PhD course at a partner University outside of the UK (for example, Monash University), and now require a Tier 4 visa to continue your studies in the UK
... you are joining the year-round Pre-sessional course (but not the 10-week or 6-week Pre-sessional course).
... you are returning to studies after a break from your course (temporary withdrawal, resit without residence).
... you have gone through an 'internal upgrade' process from a Master's to a PhD course (i.e., you are not required to apply for your PhD seperately) and will need a new visa to complete the PhD course.
Immigration Service CAS requests
- CAS request following a visa refusal (for new and continuing students who have just received a Tier 4 visa refusal)
- Year-round Pre-sessional course CAS request (for new students)
- CAS request for students overseas (For continuing students & students who have already enrolled on a collaborative PhD programme outside of the UK and are coming to the UK for the first time, AND will be making their Tier 4 visa application outside of the UK)
- CAS request for students in the UK (For continuing students who require a Tier 4 visa extension to cover the duration of their course- CAS should be requested as part of the appointment booking request form).