I am a professor in the Department of Physics at the University of Warwick. My main research interests are the evolution of compact binaries, in particular accreting and detached white dwarf binaries, observational population studies of white dwarf binaries, the evolution of planetary systems beyond the main sequence, stellar atmospheres, ultraviolet astronomy, and large-scale astronomical surveys. From 2013 to 2018, I am also an ERC Advanced Grant Fellow. Within this project, several PhD studentships will be available, feel free to contact me for more information.
Curious about the end of the world? Have a look at how our solar system may look in a few billion years...
- Interacting Binaries Newsletter
- CVcat, the interactive CV Catalogue
- Possible PhD projects
- Publications from ADS: refereed / all / recent papers from arxiv
- Cataclysmic variables from the Hamburg Quasar Survey (HQS) - Information for observers
- CV/pre-CV surveys (password protected)
- The 2004/5 ITP project on SDSS CVs (password protected)
- The HST Cycle 12/13 snapshot program (password protected)
- The INT/WFC Halpha Survey of the northern galactic plane (password protected)
||Ritter & Kolb|