WMG will be awarding over £500,000 in scholarships and bursaries to students commencing study on our full-time MSc programmes beginning in October 2016.
WMG Excellence Scholarships
WMG Excellence Scholarships are available on a competitive basis. Awards will be based on past academic achievement, previous experience, extracurricular activities, reasons for study, and your vision for the future.
Students will be considered for the awards when submitting an application for a WMG full-time MSc course.
Up to a total of 50 WMG Excellence Scholarships will be awarded on a % discount of the tuition fees. Awards will range from 20% to 50% fee discount with the maximum award possible being 50% discount.
- All applicants receiving an offer to study on a WMG Full-time MSc course that runs in the UK, starting October 2016, will be assessed for the WMG Excellence Scholarship.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic track-record. The WMG Scholarship committee will be reviewing both the academic achievement (usually the equivalent of a British 1st Class Honours Degree) and Statement of Purpose when awarding.
- Students will be automatically considered for the WMG Excellence Scholarships when submitting their application for a WMG full-time MSc course.
- For conditional offer-holders, scholarship awards will also be conditional on achieving the awardee's final predicted grade.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships are for self-funded students only. NB: students with partial bursaries on scholarship-loan schemes or partially funded by an external organisation may be considered. Awardees should inform the scholarship committee if they are in receipt of another scholarship or are later awarded other funding.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships are awarded for study on UK Full-time MSc Programmes only.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships are paid towards tuition fees only and cannot be paid in cash or towards accommodation or maintenance costs.
- WMG will award WMG Excellence Scholarships across all WMG Full-time MSc Programmes to maximize nationality and gender diversity.
- In order to maximise your chances of success, we recommend you submit your MSc application before the end of May 2016.
* These numbers are for guidance only. WMG reserves the right to amend the exact number of WMG Excellence Scholarships awarded
WMG Regional Specific Bursaries
Bursaries are guaranteed to students from Latin America, Syria and Turkey. You do not need to apply for a bursary, it will be applied automatically by the admissions team when we make an offer. Students with WMG Bursaries can still apply for WMG Excellence Scholarships. Where successful, the scholarship will replace the bursary. Two WMG awards cannot be awarded to the same individual.
Banco Santander Awards are available for students from certain countries in Latin America.
Early Acceptance Scheme
If you have an MSc offer from us and you do not automatically benefit from a regional specific bursary, you can request a place on the Early Acceptance Scheme (EAS). Once accepted onto the scheme you must pay a £500 deposit which is credited to your tuition fee account. This deposit must be paid within 2 weeks of acceptance onto the scheme. In return, WMG will give you a £1000 discount on your overall fees (£500 discount for home/EU fee payers).
If you wish to apply, you can request a place using this form; you must already hold a conditional or unconditional MSc offer from WMG before you apply.
Send no money now, we will advise you how to pay your deposit if you are allocated a place.
- We will not accept EAS applications or deposit payments from an agent or third party.
- Places on the scheme are very strictly limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. We expect the scheme to fill very quickly so we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
- Places on EAS are limited and are pre-allocated by region to ensure a fair distribution of places.
- Places on EAS are open to non-bursary holders only.
- The scheme is only available to students who have offers for the full-time MSc courses run by WMG in the UK, it is not transferrable to any other courses.
- The Early Acceptance Scheme is available to students paying home/EU fees, but the fee discount is £500 to reflect the lower home fee rate.
Other scholarships and Funding Information
- Chevening - The UK government’s global scholarship programme scholarships can cover the full cost of study and are offered in over 110 countries. WMG and the University of Warwick are pleased to welcome several Chevening scholars. Deadlines for this scholarship are at the begnning of November but please check the Chevening website for specific dates as this may vary according to the country you are applying from.
- Chevening-WMG partnership scholarships are also available specifically for the ASEAN region. More information on applying to Chevening is available from the Chevening website.
- Global Education Scholarship Programme Russia - As one of the world's top Universities, Warwick has been selected to participate in the Russian Federation scholarship scheme. Eligible WMG programmes include: MSc Cyber Security and Management, and MSc Manufacturing Systems Engineering. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses. Applicants should hold an offer from Warwick before applying to the Global Education Programme.
- Postgraduate Loans - Students resident in UK and from specific nationalities may be eligible for UK government postgraduate loans. See the Student Funding website for more details.
- For more information on scholarship opportunities, please see the Graduate School Website.