Professor Marcus Miller
Phone: +44 (0)24 76 523049
Fax: +44 (0)24 76 523032
Current research topics involve: endogenous financial crises, sovereign debt restructuring, fiscal consolidation in Europe, and imprisonment as worker-discipline in Stalin’s Russia.
Topic pursued during tenure of a Houblon Norman Fellowship at the Bank of England, October - December 2013 included "Macro coordination: Forward Guidance as 'cheap talk'” and "Macroeconomics after the crisis – hedgehog or fox?"
Research Associate of ESRC Centre for Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy at the University of Warwick
Recent Co-authored CAGE Working Papers include:
- "Fiscal consolidation: Dr Pangloss meets Mr Keynes", No. 159/2013
- "Eurozone Sovereign Debt Restructuring: promising legal prospects?", No. 144/2013
- "The Invisible Hand and the Banking Trade: Seigniorage, Risk-shifting and More", No. 135/2013
- "Whither Capitalism? Financial Externalities and Crisis Book", No. 79/2012
- "Prudent Banks and Creative Mimics: Can we tell the difference?", No. 76/2012
- "Borrowing from thy neighbour: a European perspective on sovereign debt", No. 73/2012