What is LMI Future Trends and how to use it?
Bringing Labour Market Information and Intelligence to the front line of career guidance practice
LMI Futures Trends, one major strand of the NGRF website, has labour market information on 25 sectors and broad occupational groups focusing on future changes in the labour market and skills. The information has been composed from a range of high quality sources, thus ensuring that it is up-to-date, reliable and impartial. It brings together key research and information from leading datasets, linking to full texts and leading organisations in the sectors. It is aimed at those wanting to improve and update their knowledge of the UK labour market. Each sector includes:
- Sector information – sector profile, skills gaps and shortages, future employment and drivers
- Regional and national dimension – what’s happening in your area
- Occupations – job information, salary levels and occupational demands
- Equal opportunity issues – key statistics, issues and challenges
- Education and training – qualification profile, education and training opportunities
- Links and sources – hyperlinks to the full texts and additional resources
Look out for on the top left corner at the start of each sector. Click 'pages to go' and you will be able to print all the information on the sector including the data and charts.