Use the data reveal page template to publish information that's unique to an individual based on their University ID. When that person is signed in and visits your page, they can see only information specific to them. For example, you could use a data reveal page to publish marks to students. You prepare the data in a spreadsheet, save it as a CSV file then upload it to SiteBuilder.
It's a good idea to have a dummy row of data with your own University ID, so that you can reassure yourself that the page looks as you expect it to.
The requirements of a data reveal page are:
- The first row in the source spreadsheet must contain column headings that make sense to your visitors.
- The first column in the source spreadsheet must contain a University ID for each person. (Don't worry if your spreadsheet program removes any zeroes from the start of University IDs.)
Your spreadsheet could look something like this:
When published, the person with the University ID 9170726 visits the page, they'll see this:
Notice that the visitor to the page sees only the data from a single row of the spreadsheet.
Create a new data reveal page
- Go to the parent page under which you want to create the new page.
- Go to Edit > Create a new page. (You need edit or admin permissions on the parent page to be able to do this.)
- Change the page template to Data reveal.
Select the Choose file button and upload your data in a spreadsheet format (CSV file format):
- Enter the URL, page heading, title bar caption and link caption. (For a description of these properties, see How do I create a new basic page?)
- Specify the keywords and page contact.
- When you've finished editing the page properties, select the Create new page button. You'll see a confirmation message with a link to view the new page.
Change an existing page to a data reveal page
- Go to the page that you want to change to a data reveal page.
- Go to Edit > Edit page properties.
- In the Template options, select Data reveal.
- Select the Choose file button and upload your data in a spreadsheet format (CSV file format).
- When you've finished editing the page properties, select the Save button.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem