Deleting a page in SiteBuilder is a two-step process. The first step, deleting the page, is reversible – you can restore a deleted page. The second step, completely purging the page from SiteBuilder, is not reversible. We don't recommend purging pages unless you're absolutely sure you won't need the page again.
Note: When you delete a page you also delete every sub-page beneath including files uploaded to those pages.
- Browse to the page you want to delete.
- Go to Edit > More > Current page tab.
- Under the Manage page section, select Delete this page.
- A pop-up informs you that you are about to delete the current page. The pop-up tells you how many sub-pages, files and forwarding pages you are about to delete.
- Select the Delete button.
- On the confirmation screen, click the link to return to the parent location.
Review deleted pages
At this point, visitors can no longer view the pages in a browser. You can find deleted pages as follows:
- Browse to the parent page of the page you just deleted.
- Go to Edit > More > Sub-pages tab. Deleted pages are struck out and have a red Deleted label. You can leave deleted pages on the Sub-pages tab and, if required, restore the pages in the future.
Purge deleted pages
Important: Purging a deleted page permanently removes it from SiteBuilder. It is not possible to recover purged pages, so be absolutely sure you want to do this before proceeding.
- Browse to the parent page of the deleted page.
- Go to Edit > More > Sub-pages tab.
- Select the deleted pages.
- Select the Purge button in the toolbar.
- In the Confirmation pop-up, select the Purge button.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem