Emeritus Professor of Econometrics
Telephone: +44 24 7652 3026
Fax: +44 24 7652 3032
Email: K dot F dot Wallis at warwick dot ac dot uk
Room: 1.120, Social Sciences Building
Time series analysis, especially forecasting and seasonal adjustment; analysis of forecast surveys. Macroeconometric modelling, especially comparative studies and policy analysis in national-economy and multicountry models.
Some Activities, Past and Present, and Links
- Events 2014-15: Conference in Honour of Denise R Osborn, Manchester, 10-11 April 2014; Workshop on Uncertainty and Economic Forecasting, London, 8-9 May 2014; Conference in Honor of Marc Nerlove, Washington DC, 23 May 2014; Conference on Econometric Modelling, INET, Oxford, 1-2 September 2014; Project LINK Conference in Memory of Lawrence R Klein, Toronto, 11-13 June 2015.
- ESRC Macroeconomic Modelling Bureau (1983-99), Director.
- National Institute of Economic and Social Research, Governor; Member, Council of Management, 1997-2003.
- British Academy, Chairman, Section S2 (Economics and Economic History), 1998-2002; Member, Grants Committee, 2001-06 (Chairman, 2002-06); Member of Council, 2002-05; Chairman, Social Sciences Group, 2003-06; Member, Final Award Committee, Newton International Fellowships, 2008-11.
- National Statistics Methodology Advisory Committee, Member, 2001-11.
- Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Australian National University, Research Associate.
University of Warwick Chorus. Summer term concert in Coventry Cathedral, Friday 24 June, 8.00pm, Carl Orff, Carmina Burana, with The Young People's Symphony Orchestra (USA) and local school choirs.
- Winner, Guardian Prize Crossword, 2 June 2007 (Araucaria), 2 July 2011 (Enigmatist).
- Lectures (fragments of a course) at ANU, 1976 (The ANU Tapes)
- ... and for a break, Burnbrae in the Scottish Borders.
At ESAM09, Canberra (Photo Darren Boyd, ANU)