Emeritus Professor of Econometrics
Telephone: +44 24 7652 3026
Fax: +44 24 7652 3032
Email: K dot F dot Wallis at warwick dot ac dot uk
Room: 1.120, Social Sciences Building
Time series analysis, especially forecasting and seasonal adjustment; analysis of forecast surveys. Macroeconometric modelling, especially comparative studies and policy analysis in national-economy and multicountry models.
Some Activities, Past and Present, and Links
- Events 2014-15: Conference in Honour of Denise R Osborn, Manchester, 10-11 April 2014; Workshop on Uncertainty and Economic Forecasting, London, 8-9 May 2014; Conference in Honor of Marc Nerlove, Washington DC, 23 May 2014; Conference on Econometric Modelling, INET, Oxford, 1-2 September 2014; Project LINK Conference in Memory of Lawrence R Klein, Toronto, 11-13 June 2015.
- ESRC Macroeconomic Modelling Bureau (1983-99), Director.
- National Institute of Economic and Social Research, Governor; Member, Council of Management, 1997-2003.
- British Academy, Chairman, Section S2 (Economics and Economic History), 1998-2002; Member, Grants Committee, 2001-06 (Chairman, 2002-06); Member of Council, 2002-05; Chairman, Social Sciences Group, 2003-06; Member, Final Award Committee, Newton International Fellowships, 2008-11.
- National Statistics Methodology Advisory Committee, Member, 2001-11.
- Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Australian National University, Research Associate.
University of Warwick Chorus. Autumn term concert with UWSO in the Butterworth Hall, Warwick Arts Centre, Sunday 4 December, 4.00pm, programme includes Guiseppe Verdi, Requiem.
- Winner, Guardian Prize Crossword, 2 June 2007 (Araucaria), 2 July 2011 (Enigmatist).
- Lectures (fragments of a course) at ANU, 1976 (The ANU Tapes)
- ... and for a break, Burnbrae in the Scottish Borders.
At ESAM09, Canberra (Photo Darren Boyd, ANU)